How often do you eat?
When I eat, I look at the clock and try not to eat again for a minimum of two hours. I eat three meals a day and at least three snacks a day. I feel it is better to have multiple healthy snacks than get to the point where I feel like I am starving. I don’t want to end up sitting on the couch eating a big bag of chips while watching all the tempting food commercials on TV. Doing something else with my hands, such as knitting, crocheting, or designing my own website usually keeps my mind off of food.
What do you drink?
Water, milk, and occasionally a little bit of 100% juice and hot chocolate. I have never liked coffee, tea, or alcoholic beverages. Lemonade and smoothies (unless you make smoothies yourself) usually have too much sugar in them. I haven’t found regular or diet soft drinks or sports drinks to be a good beverage choice.
Are you currently taking any kind of diabetes medication?
What is your current weight loss?
23.5 lbs. (updated 5/24/17)
What size plates do you use?
Five ounce paper cups, dessert plates, ramekin dishes, small plastic containers, and snack size zipper baggies are my best friends, because they help keep my portion sizes small.
When you do exercise, what do you do?
1. Walk our adorable little dogs.
2. Twist on my Simply Fit Board. https://www.simplyfitboard.com/
3. Get badly beaten at tennis when my teenage daughter’s friends aren’t available to play with her.
4. Walk inside one of our local public schools through our Community Education program.
5. Walk around the halls in our mall. Sadly, our mall does not have any businesses in it that sell women’s clothing or shoes. It is more like a complex that houses government offices, a dog groomer, a ballet studio, and a few other local businesses. Thankfully, it does not have a food court either.
What results have you seen?
When I lower my sugar intake:
1. I do not get as many migraine headaches.
2. I do not need to drink as much water during the day.
3. I do not need to urinate frequently.
4. It is easier to bend over.
5. My clothes are not bursting at the seams.
6. My PMS symptoms are not as severe.
7. I rarely get heartburn.
What abbreviations did you use on your website?:
g = grams
lbs. = pounds
oz. = ounces
PMS – Premenstrual Syndrome